Keeping Children Safe
"Everyone and everything gets looked after here and that makes me feel safe."
Pupil comment to Ofsted Inspectors, March 2023
Safeguarding in a Primary School is much more than compliance with statutory documents. It is about embedding a culture across the whole school that is steeped in the understanding that children are only ready to learn when they feel safe.
It is about accepting and expecting that ‘It can happen here’ and being knowledgeable about the signs and indicators of when things go wrong.
It is about knowing that abuse doesn’t only come from adults and that we have a responsibility to ensure our curriculum educates our children to keep themselves safe and know what to do if they are worried or in need.
It is about creating a culture where every member of the community speaks up to keep children safe.
- CBBC Lifebabble
- CEOP Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- Childline – You and your body
- Childline – 1-2-1 Counsellor Chat
- Childline – Message boards. Want to say how you’re feeling? Or ask a question?
- Childline – Got something on your mind and you want info. and advice?
- Counter Terrorism Police UK
- Family Lives - Parenting advice and family support
- Internet Matters
- Internet Watch Foundation
- Mind - Advice and support for better mental health
- Northamptonshire Children's Trust Online Safety
- Northamptonshire Healthcare Children's 0-19 Service
- NSPCC - Keeping children safe online
- NSPCC - Talk Pants
- O2 Internet safety for kids
- Parent info
- Parent Zone
- Place 2 Be - Children's mental health support and advice
- Refuge - Domestic abuse helpline for women and children
- Report something on Snapchat
- Report something on Facebook
- Report something on Instagram
- Report something on Twitter
- Respect - Domestic abuse helpline for men
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- Young Minds
Early Intervention service
"The Early Intervention service offers support for children, young people and their families and aim to prevent the need for longer term and more costly and complex intervention. Within the team we have specialisms such as prevention and education around knife crime and exploitation and we support families affected by domestic abuse." Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
For more information on the service please see the document below.