Using the internet to connect with others is a part of most people's lives now.
At Monksmoor Park CE Primary School, we are committed to our children's online safety. This includes keeping them safe while using school's online devices and teaching them how to keep themselves safe while using their own devices outside of school. Here are some of the steps we take:
- Our school internet service is filtered by our Internet Service Provider.
- We have an ICT Code of Conduct that we discuss at regular intervals with our children. All pupils and their families sign up to the code of conduct.
- When teaching computing, our staff include online safety as part of the curriculum.
- We annually observe and support Safer Internet Day and use the occasion to raise awareness in our children of how it is everyone's responsibility to help create a positive and safe online environment.
- The Northamptonshire Online Safety and Wellbeing Officer visits our Key Stage 2 pupils to discuss Online Safety and cyber-bullying issues.
- Our staff have received training from the Northamptonshire Online Safety and Wellbeing Officer.
- In spring 2022, we held a workshop for all parents across Nursery-Year 3, led by the Northamptonshire Online Safety and Wellbeing Officer.
- Northamptonshire Children's Trust recommends the Childnet International website as a source of support and advice.
- Parent info - provides up-to-date, expert information for parents on a range of concerns.
- Thinkuknow an award-winning on and offline safety programme with resources for parents.
- Internet Matters - advice and support for parents to keep their children safe online.
- Northamptonshire Children's Trust Online Safety
- CEOP Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- Internet Watch Foundation
- Net Aware from O2 and NSPCC
- Parent Zone
- Report harmful content online
- Report something on Snapchat
- Report something on Facebook
- Report something on Instagram
- Report something on TikTok
- Report something on Twitter
- UK Safer Internet Centre