Keeping Children Safe
Safeguarding in a Primary School is much more than compliance with statutory documents. It is about embedding a culture across the whole school that is steeped in the understanding that children are only ready to learn when they feel safe.
It is about accepting and expecting that ‘It can happen here’ and being knowledgeable about the signs and indicators of when things go wrong.
It is about knowing that abuse doesn’t only come from adults and that we have a responsibility to ensure our curriculum educates our children to keep themselves safe and know what to do if they are worried or in need.
It is about creating a culture where every member of the community speaks up to keep children safe.
- CBBC Lifebabble
- CEOP Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- Childline – You and your body
- Childline – 1-2-1 Counsellor Chat
- Childline – Message boards. Want to say how you’re feeling? Or ask a question?
- Childline – Got something on your mind and you want info. and advice?
- Counter Terrorism Police UK
- Internet Matters
- Internet Watch Foundation
- Mind - Advice and support for better mental health
- Net Aware from O2 and NSPCC
- Northamptonshire Children's Trust Online Safety
- Northamptonshire Healthcare Children's 0-19 Service
- NSPCC - Talk Pants
- Parent info
- Parent Zone
- Place 2 Be - Children's mental health support and advice
- Refuge - Domestic abuse helpline for women and children
- Report something on Snapchat
- Report something on Facebook
- Report something on Instagram
- Report something on Twitter
- Respect - Domestic abuse helpline for men
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- Young Minds